• 740ml boiling water
• 1 organic vegetable stock cube
• 170g instant (fine) polenta
• 30g finely grated cheese:
Parmesan, Brie or Camembert
• 75g tomato purée
• 25ml extra virgin olive oil
• 2tsp dried oregano
• 125g ball mozzarella
• 1 red and 1 green pepper,
sliced and roasted
• Cubes of roasted butternut
• 1 tbsp chopped chives
• 1 large tomato thinly sliced
• 15ml garlic infused oil
• Handful of rocket leaves
• Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C fan / Gas mark 7.
• Line a large baking sheet (at least 14” square) with baking
parchment or grease-proof paper.
• Put the boiling water and stock cube in a pan and stir to dissolve.
• Add the polenta to the pan and stir. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring
continuously until the mixture thickens.
• Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread with a palate
knife to make a circle about 12” across. Leave to cool.
• Mix the tomato purée, olive oil and oregano with 15ml water until
it makes a smooth sauce.
• Spread evenly over the cooled polenta base leaving ½” border.
• Arrange the mozzarella, roasted peppers, butternut squash, chives
and tomato over the base and drizzle with the garlic infused oil.
• Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese browns.
• Scatter rocket leaves on top and serve hot.